About the project
This rapid design project was based on a prompt given by Rolls-Royce to design the service or discover the new business model for their current training service. Three person teams were created with assigned roles and responsibilities simulating today’s work environment. We conducted research, prototype ideas and finally pitched our solution to the client.
February 2019-March 2019
Rolls-Royce never viewed and pursued training as a significant revenue generator. A limited number of people trained per year at RR and usually because of the cost to fly and pay people to attend the training. Not many customers opt to have the trainers come on sight.
The problem we have to deal with is not only limit to training but have a close relationship with maintenance. We provide a knowledge management platform for all the Rolls-Royce’s customer to share their experience and communicate with each other.
Identifying the problem
• Create an innovative new service that delivers exceptional training value to U.S. military aviation customers.
• Identify other market verticals and future technical developments to exploit R-R competitive advantages.
• Fast problem resolution - reduces mean time to repair (MTTR)
• Fewer mistakes - as Book AI increases precision, learns from mistakes and handles complex situations better than most humans
• Increased availability - increased mean time between failures (MTBF)
• Increased reliability - rigid planning and execution of reactive and preventative maintenance guides
• Reduction of overall cost - less spare parts are used, fewer dispatches are needed, reduced training time for new staff.
• Improved knowledge sharing - lifts quality and skill level and retain operational knowledge
• Analytics - may reveal faulty products and components
• Increased satisfaction - increases customer loyalty
View full presentation
Reflection & learning
• Encourage people to invest in the Rolls-Royce engines.
• Assist to build a collaborative ecosystem.
• Technicians can build a reputation on the platform and overall enhance Rolls-Royce’s reputation.